Cooking for holiday guests can be stressful, even more so if you are feeding guests with dietary restrictions.
While many recipes these days include ingredient notes with substitute suggestions, sometimes whipping up an allergy-friendly meal is not as simple as leaving out one or two ingredients.
To save you time, effort and sanity, I’ve curated a roundup of some of the yummiest crowd-pleasing, plant-based and allergy-friendly recipes to help you entertain without worry:
- Dairy-Free Creamed Spinach Gratin: Made with creamed spinach and onions doused in a rich, flavorful sauce with buttery breadcrumbs on the top for a delicious crunch, this dairy-free creamed spinach gratin will be the perfect allergy-friendly addition to your holiday spread.
- Creamy Dairy-Free Mashed Potatoes: Vegetable broth and vegan mayo give these delish mashed potatoes a super creamy consistency sans milk and butter. In addition to being dairy-free, this mashed potato recipe is also gluten- and nut-free.
- Baked Sweet Potato and Kale: This surprisingly hearty dish will make everyone at the table actually want to eat their vegetables. The easy-to-make recipe is dairy-, gluten- and nut-free and can be served as a side or a vegetarian main dish.
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Crinkle Cookies: Even without dairy, nuts, eggs or regular flour, these fudgy, melt-in-your-mouth cookies are guaranteed to live up to Santa’s expectations. Here’s the vegan cookie recipe. These recipes for Gluten-Free Stained Glass Cookies and Vanilla-Raspberry Sandwich Cookies are also highly recommended.
- Winter Harvest Salad: Red grapes, kale, acorn squash and crunchy Asian pear are the superstars in this bright and flavorful salad that you can enjoy all winter long. Get the recipe here. You might also like this allergy-friendly recipe for Warm Mushroom, Cherry Tomato and Arugula Salad.
- Cheesy Vegan Cauliflower Casserole: This creamy casserole features tender cauliflower coated in gooey cashew cheese and topped with buttery breadcrumbs. Sprinkle roughly-chopped parsley and crushed red pepper flakes on top to make it even more appetizing. Get the vegan recipe here.
- Reindeer Rice Krispies: Made without wheat, dairy, egg, peanut and tree nuts, this yummy no-bake holiday treat can be a fun food craft to do with the kids. Check out the complete recipe here.
- Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Bûche de Noël: When it comes to holiday desserts, cookies tend to get all the attention. This light and fluffy Yule log cake is here to prove that cookies are not the be-all and end-all of holiday bakes. Here’s the full recipe. If you’re looking for more holiday dessert ideas that aren’t cookies, check out these recipes for Holiday Chocolate Pretzel Bark, Dairy-Free Lime in the Coconut Cream Pie, Allergy-Friendly Holiday Buckeyes and Gluten-Free Dutch Apple Pie with Sweet Crumb Topping.
- Vegan Gluten-Free Holiday Roast: Made with chickpeas and tofu and filled with delicious roasted vegetables, this gluten-free roast recipe will be a crowd-pleaser at any holiday dinner. Serve with homemade vegan cranberry sauce or gluten-free mashed potatoes and gravy.
- Allergy-Friendly Garlic and Herb Dinner Rolls: Packed with garlicky goodness, these pillowy soft and fluffy gluten-free dinner rolls are fit for any holiday table. You might also want to check out these recipes for Vegan Pumpkin Dinner Rolls and Tuscan Mushroom Rolls.
This article was originally published by Forbes.com. Read the original article here.